SmartUp® connects you to licensed Patent Attorneys who will:
- Prepare the legal documents you need for a Provisional Patent protection in accordance with all applicable law,
- Contact you for a consultation within 12 business hours of your submission, and
- Discuss the patentability of your idea or invention.
- Following the consultation, the Patent Attorney will commission a patent search. The Patent Attorney will filter the results and report to you the results he finds the most relevant.
- The patent search typically takes 10 business days. A report will be compiled into a document that highlights the relevant portions within the identified Patents and Publications, as well as explanations for understanding the report.
- If the Patent Attorney does not recommend a Patent Filing in view of the search, you will receive a proportional refund.
After your consultation, the Patent Attorney will draft a fully optimized Provisional Patent Application including patent claims. You will have an opportunity to review and instruct your patent attorney to make revisions as you see fit using our collaborative drafting tools.
When you’re ready, the Patent Attorney will electronically file your optimized application to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in accordance with all applicable law.
We guarantee that the USPTO will grant you “Patent Pending” status immediately after our filing.
*To qualify for a $65 government filing fee every inventor must be considered as a Micro-Entity. During your consultation, the Patent Attorney will make sure you qualify as a micro-entity for the $65 government filing fee.